Thursday, April 28, 2011

Seamless Texture

I updated the background for my blog to a seamless texture that looks better than the tiled version. How did I do it? I copied the original psd file and worked on that. I made sure the dimensions were a square by cropping the image. There are two ways to make a square with the crop tool. One way is to set the pixel dimensions (not inches) in the width and height at the top of the window. The other is to hold down the shift key and drag the crop tool. Next, the image was flattened. Then I went to Filter/Other/Offset, setting the horizontal and vertical offset to half the pixels of the image and leaving the Wrap Around checked. My image was 400 so I used 200 for the offset. The seams I cleaned up by using the stamp tool and a soft brush. Last step was to save the file for the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment