Saturday, April 2, 2011

Job Club

There is a job club at the WorkSource office in Tacoma that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This last Thursday I attended and they covered social networking. Today's technology provides job seekers and the self employed so many different inexpensive ways to market themselves. You can use Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, blogs and your own website to brand yourself.  A dear friend of mine uses Yelp. I do have a Linkedin account and a personal Facebook account but I think it would be best to establish a separate Facebook account for my professional career. The job club meeting inspired me to get going on my business card which I'm almost done with and will have a similar design as my website. Iprint.com is a fairly inexpensive way to get business cards printed. You can upload one of your own designs or use one of their templates.

No comments:

Post a Comment