Sunday, January 23, 2011

Illustration Using Only Brushes


I created an illustration using only Illustrator brushes. No pens, fills or geometric shapes were used. This took hours and hours of work and I learned a lot more about Illustrator brushes. Unlike a physical canvas and using paint and brush, you can change the stroke after you apply it. After all, every brush stroke in Illustrator is a path and all you have to do is click on handles or anchors to change the shape. If you use the direct selection tool, click on the stroke, select the brush tool and click on the stroke again, you can actually repaint the stroke. 

I've downloaded the artwork to this blog and I'm not completely happy with it. It doesn't match the picture in my mind. But I did manage to get an expression on the woman’s face.





No comments:

Post a Comment