Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring Art Show

A local arts organization that I'm currently involved with needed a flyer for their month long art show. It was called "Pathways". This flyer I wanted to have a more organic feel and give the impression of fine art. In my photo library, there was an image of a forest with a path going through it. I wanted the path to go from left to right so the image was flipped in photoshop. I wanted rich color in cool tones and the path to stand out. Hue and saturation were used to bump up the color and a color overlay which resulted in an over all purple. The path was painted in yellow and a mask was used to bring it out. The woman was hand drawn in photoshop.

This was actually the second flyer I did for the group. The first was a call for artists and was in blue. I used a color overlay to change the color to purple.

This is the background image I used.
Call for Artists and the art exhibit flyers



And here it is without the text and logos. I think it stands on it's own as digital art.

No comments:

Post a Comment