Monday, July 4, 2011

New Client

This last Saturday I signed on another client to do their website. The client sells insurance which will be very different than the murals and portraits website being done for another client. Variety is wonderful to have in a portfolio. It stretches design sense and the focus becomes what is best for the client's business not the design style of the graphic designer.

Research is often done before doing a layout. Research into the industry the client conducts business in and the look of related business websites is done first. Sometimes it's research into functionality I haven't encountered before.

Above all, I believe in honesty and letting the client know my capabilities and what I have to research. Some people have cautioned me not to divulge too much. There are some things the client doesn't need to know. "Just do it" then become the motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment